A couple of weeks ago, I had an AMAZING experience to travel to Seoul, South Korea and Tokyo, Japan. It was a short trip but we packed sooo much in! Because of the free flights I get on standby (thanks Chelsea!!), it was a pretty spontaneous. In a matter of fact, the day we left for the airport, we still hadn't decided if we should go there of Maui! We barely made in on the flight, and even though it was like 11 hours squished in a tiny little seat, it was wayyyy worth it. My dad and I got to Seoul Friday late at night and rode on the subway to our hotel. Seoul is so modern and nice, this was just the airport!
They have an awesome subway station that takes you pretty much anywhere, we practically mastered it by the time we left! Since we were jetlag-y we stayed up and explored a little. SO cool!
The next morning we woke up early and really had no idea what we were going to do. Luckily there were a TON of options. The first thing we did was visit the Gyneogbok Palace. Seriously so awesome. There were middle school girls giving free English tours that taught us a lot about the palace and the culture of Korea.
We also visited this other palace where we got to see the guards change out with other guards. Sounds pretty boring but actually they do this whole ceremony type thing and a bunch of people stop by to watch and they have a bunch of people in elaborate costumes and stuff, they make a pretty big deal out of it haha.
We took a trolley up to a point way high up where you could see the whole city. Its my dream to live up high like that, I looove overlooking cities. They also had a huge fence with no joke like a million locks on it. So neat.
Then we went through a giant art museum. Museums aren't normally my favorite thing to do, but this one was so much cooler than I thought it was going to be. It had soo much stuff to look at.
Apparently there's some river walk thing that famous too, so we went there as well. It was in the middle of the city, but it went like 15 feet under the ground so it was really quite and peaceful.
PS I got this jacket I wearing in the picture above for $2 here too! Scoreee.
We spent the night again here in South Korea and flew to Tokyo in the morning to meet up with Chelsea and Keith. We went to another ancient palace that night and stayed in a sick circle hotel.
Again since time was so limited we woke up early and hit up a lot of places in Japan! The adventure begins!...
We didn't really have an idea of what we wanted to do or how to get around, so we were running all over the place. Part of the fun though right!? We first stopped by the main residence of the Emperor of Japan. It's hard to see but you can kinda see it in the back!
This is the busiest crosswalk in the world! Around 1 million people cross it per day!
Here is a picture of the view from 45 stories high! Its seriously goes on forever!
We then went to the Meiji Shrine! Awesome!
We finished the day with the Tokyo temple! Perfect ending to a perfect day.
Finally we took the bullet train back to the airport and got the next flight to Denver. Unfortunately I have this thing called school I have to go to haha. Overall, suchhh a cool trip. One in a lifetime experience I will never forget.










So glad you posted! I love you and life on crooked spur blog!! Super cute!
ReplyDelete